- September 25-October 9: Simply Sheets fundraiser. We are selling sheet sets as a SMS Band fundraiser. All profits will go to the SMS Band Fund that will be used to enhance the musical experience in the classroom. The band fund is utilized after our district alloted budget money has been depleted. Purchases can be, but are not limited to the following: uniform replacement, music, method books, solo and ensemble music, technology upgrades, and other items such as incentive prizes and concert reward parties. While I feel it is imperative to provide the best educational experience for all students, it's also important to recognize their talent, dedication, and hard work by rewarding them with incentive programs and celebrations after their performances. All fundraisers are optional. Thank you for all of your support!
- October 2 is the deadline for Solo and Ensemble entries. Students are encouraged, but not required to participate in solo and ensemble festival. Please see the attached information regarding solo and ensemble.
- October 2 is the deadline for All-State applications. I coverd this topic in class last week. See below (2.) for more information.
- October 2 is the Monthly Band Booster meeting. Meetings take place at 7:00 p.m. in the BHS Band Room. I hope to see you there!
- Home football games on October 6 (Homecoming). Come out and support our football team and the band students!
- October 4: Scale tests are due. I have been reminding the students daily about this deadline. Students are to upload their scale tests to Google Classroom by this date.
- October 19 Fall Band Concert, 7:00 p.m., Brighton Center for the Performing Arts (BCPA). More details will be coming out as we get closer to the date.
- October 20 & 21: Tag Days. Please see the attachment for all of the details.
- Late October: Mixed Bags Fundraiser kicks off. This is another fundraiser for the Scranton Band Fund.